Solarize MDI is designed to save homeowners money on their solar installations (including Community Solar Farm shares) by allowing them to buy as a group. The more people who sign up for solar during the program period (April 15 – August 15, 2017), the better the deal. The program concluded on August 15th, after more than exceeding it’s goals! Thank you to everyone involved.
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5|
|Tier Bracket in kW||0 – 49 kW||50 – 99 kW||100 – 149 kW||150 – 199 kW||200+ kW|
|Price after Cash Discount (Upfront purchase or using financing other than ReVision’s Own Your Power Loan)||$2.69/watt||$2.62/watt||$2.56/watt||$2.50/watt||$2.44/watt|
|Savings on a 6kW System||$420||$780||$1,140||$1,500|
Each pricing ‘tier’ means how much cumulative solar is contracted under the duration of the Solarize program. Say each home installs an average system of just over 6 kilowatts (20 panels). Well, then the program will hit the first discount Tier (2) when 10 homes are signed up. The Program hits Tier (3) when there are 20 homes under contract, Tier (4) when there are 40, Tier (5) at 50. Businesses count toward the overall Tier groups, too, so larger projects may accelerate how quickly the Tier thresholds are hit.
Site Specific Cost Adjustments
- Roof Mount Complexity (i.e., dormers, split roofs): $0.07/watt
- High Roof (two full stories or higher): (+) $0.10/watt
- Ground Mount – Ground Screws: (+) $0.98/watt
- Dual Axis Tracker System: (+) $2.50/watt
- Trenching in excess of 100 ft: (+) $10/foot
- Standing Seam Metal Roof: (+) $0.05/watt
- EZ Feet – Post/Beam, SIPS, or Corrugated Metal: (+) $0.10/watt
- Flat, Cedar or Slate Roof: (+) TBD
- Electrical Sub Panel or Supply Side Connection:(+) $500/project
- Interior Conduit: (+) $0.05/watt
- SolarEdge Monitoring: FREE
- SolarEdge Revenue Grade Metering System (with 10 year monitoring package): $500/project
System Size Adjustments
- < 4 kW: (+) $0.55/watt
- 4 – 8 kW: Baseline pricing
- 8 – 10kW (-) $0.10/watt
- > 10 kW (-) $0.25/watt
- Standard Efficiency Modules: Baseline Pricing
- LG Electronics All Black Modules (305 watt): (+) $0.55/watt
- LG Electronics High Efficiency Modules (320 watt): (+) $0.55/watt
- SolarWorld USA-made modules (285-300 watts): (+) $0.45/watt
- Pike Energy Inverter – Made in Maine: (+) $0.48/watt
- Enphase Micro Inverters: (+) $0.25/watt
- Community Solar Farm Share: (+) $0.95/watt
ReVision Energy does not provide the following services but can provide contractor contacts to clients: tree removal and roofing. ReVision Energy can provide the following additional services at an additional cost to the customer: installing structural supports for wood framed buildings, structural engineering services, hot water heaters, air source heat pump installation and service, EV charger installation, solar hot water systems, and energy modeling.
ReVision Energy offers homeowners a 2.99% fixed rate “Own Your Power” solar loan which can finance up to $60,000 towards the entire system cost of any product we install, including the option for a bridge loan valued at 30% of the project (value of the federal tax credit) at 0% interest for 12-16 months.
Learn more about Own Your Power Solar Loans.
Other common financing options are home equity lines of credit through a local lender. ReVision has a relationship with Key Bank for commercial loans; we also have a financing team that can work directly with customers regarding specific financing questions.